|Tana Kass, advanced registered nurse practitioner, and the rest of|
Promise Community Health Center's medical provider team saw
3,293 patients for 8,305 medical visits during the past year.
by Derrick Vander Waal
Many of the ways that Promise made a positive impact were presented in its 2019 Annual Report that was distributed this week.
To review the report, visit this link.
But, here are additional facts and figures from 2018 that you will find interesting:
|Certified nurse midwife Belinda Lassen,|
along with Pam Hulstein, CNM, provided
222 women prenatal care during 2018.
The also attended 32 home births.
- Not only did patients come to Promise from 144 ZIP codes during 2018, but Promise drew at least 15 patients from 33 of those towns.
- The farthest distance away of those 33 towns was Storm Lake with 34 patients traveling 75 miles to Sioux Center. Another 44 patients traveled 60 miles from Spencer.
- 66 percent of Promise’s patients came from Sioux County, with the remaining 34 percent coming from towns in other area counties.
- Many of Promise’s 4,814 patients received multiple services during the year. A breakdown: 3,293 patients were provided medical care; 2,281 received dental care; 371 vision care; 73 behavioral health care.
- Of the medical patients, 222 women were provided prenatal care, with 32 home births attended by Promise’s certified nurse midwives.
- Promise served a lot of young families: 79 percent of its patients were 40 years old or younger, including 43 percent being 17 and younger. The percentage of children served was nearly double the state and national average of 22 percent for community health centers.
- About half of Promise’s patients were of Hispanic/Latino ethnicity.
- 46 percent of Promise’s patients were best served in a language other than English.
- A combined 81 percent of Promise’s patients were uninsured (36 percent) or covered by Medicaid (45 percent). But, Promise welcomes all patients and accepts all forms of private health insurance as well.
- Promise provided high-quality care – improving in 12 of 16 clinical and dental quality measures and exceeding the state and national averages of community health centers for most of those measures. During 2018, Promise was named a Health Center Quality Leader for placing in the top 30 percent among CHCs nationwide for clinical quality measures.
2019 ANNUAL REPORT:
To learn more, view Promise CHC’s 2019 Annual Report online at: https://www.promisechc.org/webres/File/2019%20Annual%20Report.pdf